Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Long Cold Month of January

Since there is not much exciting that goes on in January, we have not been too active. Our house is still for sale and we have been spending our days in Grammy and Pop’s basement. Occasionally we venture out, usually to Wal-Mart or my grandmas!


One positive thing that has happened in the month of January is that Emma is officially potty trained! I think it was this time last year that I was thinking about starting to potty train her! Then I decided it would be better to wait until after Audrey was born, then I had a newborn, then we had some summer travels, then we got busy with selling our house, and then it was the holidays. So, due to my complete lack of effort and Emma’s strong will, we didn’t really get serious about it until we got completely bored. I am just glad it is over and she can go to preschool in the fall. I was starting to get a little worried! On a side note I would just like to say that I HATE potty training. It requires such energy and a severe amount of work on the parents/grandparents part that I think WE should be the ones getting the treats and prizes when they have a success!


So here is the rest of the month in pictures. I thought I better get all of the photos I had posted before we get hit with the huge ice/snow storm that is coming our way. We are starting to panic about entertaining the kids if the power goes out! Grammy picked a bad week to be out of town! Hopefully the weather won’t be so bad that we can’t send the on a sled down the street to Grandma Cathy’s!


We spent some time at Catherine’s basketball game and watching her be a cheerleader. Adam got a little depressed watching the sixth grade girls play basketball because he was envisioning himself doing that in a few years. I guess that age level playing basketball is not quite as exciting as he would like it to be!

We went to see Grandma Schweiss. She is the cutest 90 year old in the world. She had a cherry pie all ready and waiting for us when we got there!

We celebrated our sweet cousin Mady’s 7th birthday. We loved seeing all of our family and loading up on some cake and homemade ice cream. Happy Birthday Mady, we love you!

Finally, here are a few of my other favorite photos from the month. So long January!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the new photos-they have both changed just since Christmas! What cutie pies--like the new haircut, too. Have fun in the snow-sure the girls will like it even if no one else does!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Card Photos