Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is always a busy time of year for us due to tax season but we did manage to squeeze in a few things related to the day! Last weekend we made some cupcakes. This was Emma's first time using sprinkles and she got a little carried away! We ended up having to get the vacuum out to clean up the mess!

Here are a few shots of Emma with Adam and one with her gift from us. She spent the morning yesterday making her dad a card. She used almost all of her princess stickers for it. I had to do the writing since her words are not yet words and she was sure to point out to Adam every part that I did! She would say "Mommy write this".

Emma also loves the show Super Why on PBS. We watch it every morning after we watch Sid the Science Kid. I found these character dolls from the show and we gave them to her for her Valentine’s gift. I wondered if she would recognize who they were when she opened them up and she did! She was yelling “Super Why!” She was also pumped about the Sesame Street gift bag they came in! She carries them around in her bag saying “Mommy Daddy Thank You!” I guess she liked the gift!

Also, here is a shot of the roses Adam gave me. We had agreed not to buy gifts so I only gave Adam a card. I felt bad so I made him a strawberry smoothie last night and some heart shaped pancakes for breakfast to make up for it!

2 comments:

  1. love the pic with the characters, love that she watches pbs, so many kids don't know what that is, with disney and nickelodeon. happy valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. You guys are good parents and Emmy will have such sweet memories. I LOVE the picture of her with her Super Why characters. Ben loves PBS shows too and would think that gift was cool. We recieved Emma's valentines today and they gave us a smile. I love that even Uncle Mike got one! :) We love you guys and can't wait to see you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Card Photos