Thursday, June 17, 2010

Country Days Weekend

The first weekend of June is always “Country Days Weekend” in our hometown. While many people hate this weekend (Adam being the number one!), I really get in to it. While yes there are some scary people walking the streets (carnivals attract all kinds of interesting people) I really like the downtown events and the parade. Even though I am not into the carnival rides (we didn’t let Emma ride any of those gross things!) we had a great time eating hot dogs, riding the horses, going on a moonlight bike ride around the town and seeing many people we know. Adam did venture out and join us at the parade as well as our traditional walk on Saturday night through the crowd just to see who could find the first person in a cut off tank top/kid in just a diaper/or jeans made into shorts.

We started off the weekend with some pedicures. We had to look good for the big event!

We spent Friday afternoon downtown at the bank’s hot dog stand and at a few local businesses checking out their decorations.

Friday evening we headed down to the “Carnival” as Emma called it. She rode the ponies, danced in the park, and saw some cousins! I took this picture of some of them walking down to the festivities. I told everyone I was going to put it on the blog with a title “Heading in to Hoosierville”! Most people think Hoosiers are from Indiana but in MO, it is just another term for a really bad hillbilly!

We ended Friday evening with a 5 mile moonlight bike ride around town. Catherine, my aunt Caren, my mom, and I all rode our bikes to the starting point and then back home (so we actually rode about 7 miles). All but one of us made it back on our bikes. My mom walked her bike halfway home and then finished up with a ride! It was midnight and she is turning 55 next week so I give her credit for completing the ride itself. Next year we will probably just drive our bikes to the starting point and stick to the ride. The elderly in our group just can’t handle much else. Here is Mary Poppins and her sister Dorothy from Kansas.

Here we are Saturday morning at the parade! Emma was really into all the freebies of candy they were throwing at her!


All of the cousins (minus Mady and Audrey) at the parade…..

Me and my grandma…..

Audrey didn’t make it to the parade because it was really hot. She did get a nice bath though and a mini photo shoot on Grammy’s porch!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! :) I like the picture of Emma and Catherine with their heads sticking through the board. Emma is just checking her out instead of looking at you! :) Glad you got to have a fun time with your fam! I'm looking forward to Audrey's dedication pictures being posted too! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Card Photos