Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Jarvis

Adam and I are very lucky to have six of our eight grandparents still alive. Grandma Jarvis will be 99 the beginning of August and has lived in a nursing home for the past three and a half years. My Grandpa Jarvis will be 98 in a few months and still lives at home by himself! I love seeing the interaction of Emma with both of them. My grandpa gets a real kick out of her and he loves how Emma always pays attention to him and talks to him. My Grandma Jarvis suffers from Alzheimer’s and is usually pretty sleepy but she ALWAYS perks up when Emma is around. Emma has always been very comfortable at the nursing home. I know these pictures are not very good of my poor grandma but I thought they captured Emma’s relationship with her pretty well. Emma usually just sits by grandma in her bed and will pat her arm. It always makes me smile. Since Audrey was born during flu season at the nursing home she was not able to meet my grandma until now so that also made the day extra special! I am so thankful that my kids got to meet these two special people and even form a relationship with them! (I am also hoping that I inherited their good genes!)

And just a shot of my dad (their son!) who was also along that day. I am also hoping that if I have a son that he will love me as much as my dad loves his mom. He is pretty faithful about going to the nursing home to help feed my grandma and is always very patient with her!

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, That picture of Emma with your Grandma made me wanna cry. So sweet!
    Erin Pinkerton

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Card Photos