Monday, July 19, 2010

The Things Emma Says.....

Emma is a ball of energy. Sometimes this is a good thing; sometimes it is not so good! The other day Adam and I were talking about the little sweetie and he said “If we just listened to Emma talk for an hour we would probably be laughing the entire time.” It made me realize that I should probably document some of the things she has said recently because I know I will forget them. Here are a few I can remember…..

1. Recently, when we put Emma in her crib, she has been requesting for us to sing some random made up song to her. It is usually about her room, her shoes, her tent, her “people” or her fan. The other night when I was putting her to sleep she said “Mom sing me a song about when the Lord baptized Audi.” For some reason, Audrey’s baptism was a very memorable event for Emma which she talks about often. It always makes me smile when she talks about it.

2. Someone was discussing what Emma and Audrey could be for Halloween that would go together. They were going through all kinds of pairs like Dora and Boots, Ariel and Flounder, Belle and Mrs. Potts, etc. Emma chimed in and said “or poop and turd”. Some days, I think she should have been a boy .

3. Audrey was in her swing awake and being pleasant when Emma went over to her and said “No Audrey, please don’t wake up, mommy will spank me!” She must be remembering one of the thousand times Audrey was sleeping pleasantly and Emma would scream in her ear “AUDI WAKE UP!” then look at us and say “Audi just wake up!”

4. During the second day of potting training I was rushing around to get ready for work before Grammy got to our house. Emma was naked and running around refusing to get on the potty chair. I grabbed her and started to put a diaper on her when she put her hands in my face and sternly said “I don’t like diapers. Grandma Cathy told me that I don’t like diapers so I am not going to wear them, ok? Ok mom?”

5. Emma recently found my stethoscope and has been lugging it everywhere listening to our “heartbeats”. This morning she was playing doctor and came over with a box lid, pulled my feet up on the lid and said “Mom, I need you to step up here so I can get your weight!”

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think Emma and Audrey should go as "poop and turd" for Halloween. They would be SO cute...ha ha ha! :) I love her..she's so funny. I remember the days of everything Ben said being funny...I miss that! Luckily, I have two more to go through that stage with! :) Love your pictures from Eckert's too! Your friend, Steph, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I want her to come to my house!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Card Photos